Microsoft Excel 2016 Expert: Interpreting Data for Insights (MOS) e-Book, Video Materials, and Study Materials:
Candidates for the Microsoft Excel 2016 Expert: Interpreting Data for Insights have an advanced understanding of the Excel environment and have the ability to guide others to the proper use of the program's features. Microsoft recommends candidates have experience creating, managing, and distributing professional spreadsheets for a variety of specialized purposes and situations.
This exam measures the following skills:
- Manage workbook options and settings
- Apply custom data formats and layouts
- Create advanced formulas
- Create advanced charts and tables
Expert-level candidates for the Excel 2016 exam have an advanced understanding of the Excel environment and have the ability to guide others to the proper use of the program’s features.
They create, manage, and distribute professional spreadsheets for a variety of specialized purposes and situations. They customize their Excel environments to meet project needs and to enhance productivity. Expert workbook examples include custom business templates, multiple-axis financial charts, amortization tables, and inventory schedules. Candidate roles may include accountants, financial analysts, data analysts, commercial bankers, and others.
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 2016 certification exams introduce a new performance-based format for improved testing of a candidate’s knowledge, skills, and abilities using the MOS 2016 programs:
- MOS 2016 exam task instructions generally do not include the command name, as in previous versions. For example, function names are avoided and are replaced with descriptors. This means candidates must understand the purpose and common usage of the program functionality in order to successfully complete the tasks in each of the projects.
- The MOS 2016 exam format incorporates multiple projects.