Learn Computer Forensics eBook:
Learn Computer Forensics, 2nd Edition eBook download free book in pdf By William Oettinger TIME TO COMPLETE: 10h 15m TOPICS: Computer Forensics PUBLISHED BY: Packt Publishing PUBLICATION DATE: July 2022 PRINT LENGTH: 434 pages.
Learn Computer Forensics from a veteran investigator and technical trainer and explore how to properly document digital evidence collected
- Investigate the core methods of computer forensics to procure and secure advanced digital evidence skillfully
- Record the digital evidence collected and organize a forensic examination of it
- Perform an assortment of Windows scientific examinations to analyze and overcome complex challenges
Computer Forensics, being a broad topic, involves a variety of skills which will involve seizing electronic evidence, acquiring data from electronic evidence, data analysis, and finally developing a forensic report.
This book will help you to build up the skills you need to work in a highly technical environment. This book's ideal goal is to get you up and running with forensics tools and techniques to successfully investigate crime and corporate misconduct. You will discover ways to collect personal information about an individual from online sources. You will also learn how criminal investigations are performed online while preserving data such as e-mails, images, and videos that may be important to a case. You will further explore networking and understand Network Topologies, IP Addressing, and Network Devices. Finally, you will how to write a proper forensic report, the most exciting portion of the forensic exam process.
By the end of this book, you will have developed a clear understanding of how to acquire, analyze, and present digital evidence, like a proficient computer forensics investigator.
What you will learn
- Explore the investigative process, rules of evidence, legal process, and ethical guidelines
- Understand the difference between sectors, clusters, volumes, and file slack
- Validate forensic equipment, computer program, and examination methods
- Create and validate forensically sterile media
- Gain the ability to draw conclusions based on the exam discoveries
- Record discoveries utilizing the technically correct terminology
- Discover the limitations and guidelines for RAM Capture and its tools
- Explore timeline analysis, media analysis, string searches, and recovery of deleted data
Who this book is for
This book is for IT beginners, students, or an investigator in the public or private sector. This book will also help IT professionals who are new to incident response and digital forensics and are looking at choosing cybersecurity as their career. Individuals planning to pass the Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE) certification will also find this book useful.
About the Publisher
Packt helps real-world developers put software to work in new ways with over 7,500 practical books and videos covering over 1,000 technologies. With coverage ranging from introductory programming to new and emerging technologies, as well as expert advice from industry-leading figures, Packt has great content for any technical professional looking to stay relevant and keep their skills up-to-date.