Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9 Administration – Second Edition eBook:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9 Administration – Second Edition eBook download free book in pdf By Pablo Iranzo GÓmez, Pedro Ibáñez Requena, Miguel Pérez Colino, Scott McCarty TIME TO COMPLETE: 11h 19m TOPICS: Linux PUBLISHED BY: Packt Publishing PUBLICATION DATE: November 2022 PRINT LENGTH: 530 pages.
Develop the skills required to administer your RHEL environment on-premises and in the cloud while preparing for the RHCSA exam
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free eBook in PDF format
- Become a pro at system administration from installation to container management
- Secure and harden your Linux environment using SSH, SELinux, firewall, and system permissions
- Gain confidence to pass the RHCSA exam with the help of practice tests
With Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9 becoming the standard for enterprise Linux used from data centers to the cloud, Linux administration skills are in high demand. With this book, you'll learn how to deploy, access, tweak, and improve enterprise services on any system on any cloud running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.
Throughout the book, you'll get to grips with essential tasks such as configuring and maintaining systems, including software installation, updates, and core services. You'll also understand how to configure the local storage using partitions and logical volumes, as well as assign and deduplicate storage. You'll learn how to deploy systems while also making them secure and reliable.
This book provides a base for users who plan to become full-time Linux system administrators by presenting key command-line concepts and enterprise-level tools, along with essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation for creating simple shell scripts or running commands. With the help of command line examples and practical tips, you'll learn by doing and save yourself a lot of time.
By the end of the book, you'll have gained the confidence to manage the filesystem, users, storage, network connectivity, security, and software in RHEL 9 systems on any footprint.
What you will learn
- Become well-versed with the fundamentals of RHEL9—from system deployment to user management
- Secure a system by using SELinux policies and configuring firewall rules
- Understand LVM to manage volumes and maintain VDO deduplication
- Manage a system remotely using SSH and public key authentication
- Get the hang of the boot process and kernel tunable to adjust your systems
- Automate simple tasks using scripts or Ansible Playbooks
Who this book is for
This book is for Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators and Linux system administrators. It's also a good resource for any IT professional who wants to learn system administration. RHCSA certification candidates will find this book useful in their preparation for the certification exam.